Assistant Professor and Head of Department of History, Philosophy and English Literature,
Faculty of Liberal arts, Thammasat University, Bangkok, 10200 Thailand 10200
Mobile phone 6681-927-7819
B.A. (History) Silpakorn University (1982)
M.A. (History) Thammasat University (1988)
Research and Teaching Interests
- Business History
- Economic history
- Globalization and Capitalism in Southeast Asia
- Southeast Asia economy and Global Finance
- Arts and Museum Studies
- Tourism and Hospitality
Fellowships , Award and Grants
2005 Research grant, King Prachadipok’s Institute(KPI).
2005 Research Grant, Museum Siam.
2003 Research Grant, Thailand Development Research Institute(TDRI)
2000 Research Grant, Thai Studies Center, Thammsat University.
1996-1997 Research grant, Thailand Research Fund (TRF)
1995-1996 JSPS scholarship, Mimistry of Education, Japan.
1988 1st Prize Thesis award of Humanities and Social Science, Thammasat University.
1989-1990 Assistant to the Editor , Agence France Presse(AFP), Bangkok office.
1989-1991 Columnist, Kao Phises(special news) Magazine.
1990-1991 Lecturer, Department of General Education, faculty of Liberal Arts, Rangsit University.
1991-present Lecturer and Assistant professor, Department of History, Faculty of Liberal Arts,
Thammasat University and Thailand Tourism Authorities.
1994-1995 Chair of Graduate Program of History, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Thaasat University.
1995 Guest Scholar, Center for Southeast Asia Studies, Kyoto University, Japan.
1992-1996 Steering Committee, Training Program for Faculty Guide, Cooperated by Thammasat
University and Thailand Tourism Authority.
2002-2005 Editor, Thammasat Journal, Thammasat University.
2005-2011 Head of Department of History, Thammasat University.
2004-2007 Steering Committee, Russian Studies Undergraduate Program, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Thammasat University.
2010-2012 Steering Committee, National health Archive and Museum, Ministry of Health.
2011-2012 Consultant, Project of Reconstruction of Thai Exhibition Hall, Ministry of Culture.
2011-2016 Director of Southeast Asia Studies Undergraduate Program, Faculty of Liberal arts, Thammasat Universty.
2012-present Steering Committee, ASEAN Studies Center, Thammasat University.
2013-2016. Academic Committee, Thai Kadhi(Thai Studies)Center, Thammasat University
2016-present Head of Deapartment of History Philosophy and English Literature, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Thammasat University,
- " Ayutthaya and Bangkok : Urban Civilization in Historical Comparative Perspective " Paper presented at International Seminar at LIPI, Jakarta, Indonesia July, 5-9 1993.
- “Land use in Bangkok and its peripheries between 1782-1851.” Paper presented at 60 years of Thammasat University. June 28, 1993.(published in Journal of Thammasat).
- “Chantaburi : A Gatedoor of Regional Trade of Siam in Southeast Asia in the late 18th Century”
- Paper presented in International Seminar on “Thailand and her Neighbours : Ayudhya in Asia” Core Universities program between Thammasat University and Kyoto University. Ayutthaya, December 17-19, 1995.
- THE PROPERTY BUSINESS AND BANGKOK AND PERIPHERAL AREAS, 1970-1994. A.D. : A STUDY IN BUSINESS HISTORY APPROACH AND ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY APPROACH . Bangkok: Thaikadee Insititute, 1995.
- (co author).Human Right in Thai Intellectual History .(2003).Bangkok: Thailand DevelopmentResearch Institute.
- The Conflict of Interests : A Case Study of Food and Drugs Committee, Ministry of PublicHealth.(2004).Bangkok: Thailand Development Research Institute.
- 142 Articles of Database of “From Suwanaphoom to Siam and Thailand: Permanent Exhibition” MuseumSiam. Bangkok.(2008)
- 10 Articles of Database of “Thai Political Contemporary History. Bangkok: Phra Pokklao for Democracy Institute.(2010)
- State of Knowledge of Thai History : A Study of Cites, Transportation and Public Service. Bangkok:Thailand Researche Fund, 1996.
- The Formation of Siamese Businessess and Capitalism in late 19th and the early 20thCenturies.(2013) Paper presented at Workshop Seminar on W Thai Business Historyt, Faculty of Accounting, Thammasat University.(in English)
- Migration in AEAN in Historical Perspective . Paper Presented at National Seminar of “Thailand and ASEAN” at Sirinthorn Anthropogy Instutute, January 25-26, 2014
Books (in Thai)
- The Establishment of people in Thailand.(1993) Bangkok. Kurusapa Printing.
- Water for Life and Business for Society : The Social and Business History of Normal Sarline in Thailand.(2009). Bangkok: General Hospital Product Co., Ltd.
- (co author). Nine Hundred Years of Thai Commerce. Bangkok: Siam Manufacturing Co., Ltd.